Guidance for Category I and II certification course for vibration analyst in machine condition monitoring and diagnostic in conformance to ISO 18436-2 in Malaysia (2017)
JSME ISO vibration analyst certification I & II courses, which consists of the seminar, hands-on practical training, and final examination is now open for registration. The purposes of courses are for the standardization of the technical level of vibration analyst in the field of machinery condition monitoring and diagnostics worldwide and in conformance to the ISO 18436-2. These courses are certified by The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (JSME) on behalf of ISO.
The certification process required that the candidate to present the relevant evidence of their education, training and the actual field experience in vibration analysis for machine condition monitoring and diagnostics.
Shinkawa Sensor Technology Inc. in collaboration with Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) is a qualified training body for the certification of Vibration Analyst Category I & II under JSME in conformance to ISO 18436-2.
SHINKAWA Sensor Technology in collaboration with UTM
As a maker for vibration monitoring system and sensors, Shinkawa Sensor Technology Inc. in collaboration with UTM is inspired to become a key provider for ISO vibration certification programs under the JSME in South East Asia region. Shinkawa Sensor Technology is the only company that registered under the JSME that qualified to provide vibration analyst certification training from Category I to IV (Currently, category I & II are ready to held in Malaysia).
1. Support the procedure of the preparation related to the registration of the certification examination.
2. Fulfilling exercise prepared.
3. The certification test complying with ISO 18436-2 is done at the same place as the training on the following day of the seminar.
4. Even if failing the examination without any expectations, the following supports are provided.
- Exempt the same category training fee once paid. Candidates can try the exam up to two times. However, the fee for meals, lodging and travelling fee shall be paid.
Due date for registration is 8th September 2017
|Category I||17th Oct 2017 to 21st Oct 2017||Registration Form|
|Category II||16th Oct 2017 to 21st Oct 2017||Registration Form|
After filled in the online registration form, please download and complete the following forms in hard copy:
- Application for Certificate Examination
- Proof of Professional Experience
- Examination Card / Identification Card
These three original forms must arrive at SHINKAWA Electric of Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. at No. 6, Jalan 9/23E, Taman Danau Kota, 53300 Setapak, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Tel: +603-4148 1722 attention to Mr. Tomoda no later than 8th September 2017.
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Kuala Lumpur
Prof. Ir. Dr. Salman Leong, Ir. Dr. Lim Meng Hee and Ir. Dr. Jawaid Iqbal Inayat-Hussain
Certification of Completion of Course
Certification of completion of the course will be given to qualified candidates for both category I and II at the end of the courses. Candidates will be eligible to seat for actual ISO certification examination if he/she had scored 70% or more in the trial examination.
ISO Certification conducted by JSME
Actual ISO certification examination will be held on the following day after the trial examination. It will be conducted by JSME on behalf of the ISO at UTM examination nation hall. Candidates are only qualified to apply as ISO certified vibration analyst Category I and II if he/she had scored 75% or more in the actual examination. The duration of getting actual ISO certification shall be about 3 months on the date of application submission to ISO.
Textbook category I and II
Machine Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics in Conformance to ISO 18436-2 Standards (by Prof. Mohd Salman Leong, Dr. Lim Meng Hee)
Seminar Contents (Requirements by ISO)
- Chapter 1 Principles of vibration
- Chapter 2 Data acquisition
- Chapter 3 Signal processing
- Chapter 4 Condition monitoring
- Chapter 5 Vibration fault analysis
- Chapter 6 Corrective action
- Chapter 7 Knowledge of equipment
- Chapter 8 Vibration acceptance testing
- Chapter 9 Vibration testing and measurement
- Chapter 10 Reference standards
- Chapter 11 Reporting and documentation
- Chapter 12 Fault severity determination
Note: The contents of Category I is up to Chapter 8.
Maximum number of Candidates per training session is 50 peoples
Registration is based on first-come, first-served basis.
For more information, please contact:
Universiti Technologi Malaysia
Institute of Noise and Vibration
Universiti Technologi Malaysia Kuala Lumpur.
Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra (Jalan Semarak),
54100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +603-2615 4931 Fax: +603-2693 2854
Dr. Lim Meng Hee
SHINKAWA Electric of Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Company No. 955628-W)
For Japanese Affiliates only:
Kuala Lumpur Head Office
No. 6, Jalan 9/23E, Taman Danau Kota,
53300 Setapak, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +603-4148 1722 Fax: +603-4148 1322
Mr. Tatsuro Tomoda